Before payment can be processed, a "proper" invoice must be received by Accounts Payable
Elements of a Proper Invoice
Each invoice presented by a vendor for payment must be clear and accurate and free from mathematical and quantity errors and contain the following elements to facilitate efficient and effective payment processing. This list is not all inclusive and contractual provisions or other requirements/circumstances may require additional information to be provided.
Additional Requirements for Professional and Personal Services Invoices
- Description of services performed
- Date, time, and hours worked
- Hourly rate
- Name and title of person performing service
- Total amount due
- Other information as required
When a Defective Invoice is Received
- Invoices missing any required element will be deemed defective and will be returned without action to the vendor with a letter detailing what defect needs to be corrected.
- When a corrected invoice is received, a new due date will be calculated.
All hard copy invoices should be mailed directly to:
Harris County Auditor's OfficeAccounts Payable
Vendors are encouraged to submit electronic invoices via email to: email@example.com
1001 Preston, 8th Floor
Houston, Texas 77002
How to register for direct deposit payment or change banking information
- Request an ACH Vendor Payment Authorization Agreement from Accounts Payable for completion and return to our office.
- Ensure the form is signed by an authorized company officer.
- Attach a voided check or bank verification letter.
- Mail it to Harris County Auditor's Office, 1001 Preston, 8th Fl., Houston, TX 77002.