To facilitate efficient processing, each invoice presented by a vendor needs to be free from mathematical and quantity errors and contain the following elements:
- Name of the vendor and "Remit to" address
- Vendor invoice number and date
- Vendor contract contact name and phone number
- County contact name
- Name of County department
- Valid Purchase Order number
- Written description of goods/services delivered
- Delivery date or service date
- Substituted items must have documented approval
- Quantity and unit price of item
- Extension on each line item
- Total Amount Due
- Payment Due Date
- Payment Terms and Discount
- Shipping payment terms
- Supporting documentation: Detailed itemized receipts must be provided for all vendor expenses or reimbursement requests.
Additional Requirements for Professional and Personal Services Invoices
- Description of services performed
- Date services were performed
- Total amount due
- Other information as required by contract or federal/state grantor agency
These lists are not all-inclusive and contractual provisions or other requirements may need to be provided.
All hard copy invoices should be mailed directly to:
Harris County Auditor's OfficeAccounts Payable
Vendors are encouraged to submit electronic invoices via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1001 Preston, 8th Floor
Houston, Texas 77002
How to register for direct deposit payment or change banking information
- Request an ACH Vendor Payment Authorization Agreement from Accounts Payable for completion and return to our office.
- Ensure the form is signed by an authorized company officer.
- Attach a voided check or bank verification letter.
- Mail it to Harris County Auditor's Office, 1001 Preston, 8th Fl., Houston, TX 77002.